Knowing How to Get Things Done
One of the most important things about college is knowing how to get things done efficiently and accurately, but also knowing who to hang out with and when to hang out with them. The people you interact with have a great impact on how good of a student you will turn out to be. Most students come to a university with an idea of what they want to do. But you need to keep in mind that it is up to you to choose friends and get your work done according to your goal. Outlined below is a list of tips on how to be a successful freshman when it comes to academic and social life.
- Choose friends wisely. Get to know them first.
- Don’t let other people steal your time, time is money.
- Don’t let others degrade your spirit.
- Get out and physically do things/interact.
- Encourage yourself to get work done with friends or at the library.
- Create your own study group.
- Take a break for an hour a day and do something for yourself.
- Stay away from the party scene and drugs.
- Never think that college is only about getting good grades and a high GPA. It is an experience of a lifetime.
- Just because it’s college and you don’t have to go to some classes, you’re still paying money for them so don’t let that money go to waste.
- Do not procrastinate. If you are assigned homework in a class and you have an hour or so before your next class, do the homework then. Do this and all your work will be done at a reasonable time and you will have more free time.
- Don’t get in trouble with the law, especially for something silly.
- Develop new or better study habits, college is nothing like high school.
- Find people who have been in your shoes before and get advice from them.
- Take advantage of any free meals.
- Don’t have a job first semester.
- Make wise decisions. Don’t let others decide for you.
- Have friends who are dependable and never let you down. Also, find friends who are in the same major as you.
- Sit in the front of the class towards the center, you will focus more.
- Develop your resume and try to keep active in organizations and groups on campus. Holding a leadership position always looks good.
- Make sure you use any learning resources available to you.
College is not easy but it is the step towards your future and your success. If you were a slacker in high school you will have to change your methods. College is a whole lot harder and you need to learn how to get your work done and stay focused..